Functional Medicine Practitioner
BHsc (Nat. Med.) DipHsc (Nutrition) Cert III in Fitness
Medical or Functional Nutrition is nutrition-based care that is focused on building health by restoring proper physiological functioning of the body. When you have multiple symptoms they are clues to the ways in which your body is not functioning the way it should be.
My Health Journey started about 24 years ago. An inflamed liver and severe bruising resulted in a referral an endocrinologist. She told me to eat green leafy vegetables for their vitamin K content to assist blood clotting. However, when the specialist could not answer my question regarding the quantity I needed to eat, I requested she prescribe vitamin K in a tablet.
This experience ignited my passion for nutritional medicine. I used my investigative skills to determine the cause of my ill health, so I could do what I needed to do to make myself well. I was not overweight but it was necessary to change my diet and lifestyle to improve my health.
I’m now grateful for that experience, as when I decided to leave my former career, it was a logical choice to pursue my other passion – nutritional medicine.
I have spent over 17 years using my investigative and analytical skills to search for the answers to my patients ill health. It is like putting together a jigsaw puzzle or solving a crime, the solution makes perfect sense when I have all the pieces or clues.
My comprehensive system of investigation and analysis, which incorporates genomic profiling, enables me to design highly personalised nutrition, lifestyle and exercise programs to assist you to create optimal health.
This system has proved extremely successful and I can help clients achieve their goals when nothing else works.
DNA will provide you with a personalised healthcare program which includes advice on your diet, nutritional supplementation, exercise and lifestyle.
Your program will assist you to achieve a healthy body, lifestyle and mind. In addition, you will reduce your risk of genetically predisposed medical conditions and diseases.
Genomic profiling validates that certain foods can be one person’s medicine, but another person’s poison.
Areas of Interest
- Bachelor of Health Science (Natural Medicine)
- Diploma of Health Science (Nutritional Medicine)
- Certified Fitgenes Practitioner (Genetic Consulting)
- Certified SmartDNA Genomic Wellness Practitioner (Genetic Consulting)
- Certificate III in Fitness
- Certificate IV in Assessment and Workplace Training
Professional Associations & Experience
- Australian Traditional Medicine Society 15107
- 18+ years Medical Nutritionist in private practice
- 25+ years in health and fitness industry
- Consultant for two major weight loss companies
- Clinic supervisor and lecturer Department of Health & Biomedical Science (Nutrition), University of Victoria