Detoxification is a natural metabolic process whereby the environmental and dietary toxins we are exposed to are changed into less harmful substances and subsequently excreted from the body.
Supporting detoxification is a cornerstone of contemporary and traditional medicine practice.
A professional Detox Program aims to:
- Address dietary and lifestyle factors to reduce the burden placed on your detoxification system, whilst simultaneously supporting the capacity of your key detox organs.
- Provide you with a personalised protocol that is safe and effective, and enables you to achieve the best possible health.
Our bodies are designed to process and remove toxins via key elimination channels including our digestive system, liver and kidneys.
However, individuals may vary in how toxins affect their health. A ‘toxin’ refers to any substance that has the potential to interfere with cellular function and both our short term or long term health.
Individual variations may be due to:
- This represents our level of exposure to various toxins and may include dietary allergens such as gluten, food additives and preservatives; as well as occupational, environmental or lifestyle related toxins such as cigarette smoking, or exposure to hazardous chemicals e.g. herbicides and pesticides, cleaning agents or some chemicals used within cosmetics.
- Toxins can also be created internally as part of normal, healthy metabolic processes, or by bacteria in the digestive tract, or from re-circulation of waste from the bowel.
- This describes your ability to process and eliminate toxins effectively and refers to the impact they may be having on your health.
- In the modern world, it is less common for health issues to arise due to high levels of exposure to a single toxin.
- Rather, health challenges may arise as a result of the additive effects of low-level exposure to a broad range of dietary and environmental toxins.
Detox Programs are ideal for reducing your weight by 2-3 kgs!
There are five detox programs available
By completing the DNA Detox Questionnaire I’ll be able to recommend the program that is most suited to your health needs, and I will tailor your detoxification so that you can achieve the best possible results.
You will be prescribed nutritional and herbal formulas with dietary and lifestyle guidelines to support and enhance your detoxification processes.
Your individual product prescription and the duration of the treatment will vary depending on which program is appropriate. The dietary and lifestyle guidelines remain consistent for all the detox programs.
- Express Detox Program (14 days) is recommended for individuals who are simply aiming to optimize their current state of good health and do not suffer from digestive or chronic health concerns. This short two week detox is appropriate as you are essentially well, but have recently overindulged. It is also ideal as a regular ‘spring clean’ detox.
- Integrated Detox (14 days) may be recommended for individuals to improve their digestive health, liver and overall health and well being. This two week program is appropriate for those with general digestive or health imbalances and may aid in supporting healthy intestinal microbial balance.
- Specialised Gut Detox Program (28 days) an extended 4 week detoxification program ideal for those who suffer from chronic or extensive digestive symptoms, or experience digestive conditions and imbalances in gut flora that negatively impact on health and well being.
- Specialised Liver Detox Program (28 days) an extended 4 week detoxification program ideal for those with a high level of chemical exposure or who require additional liver support and healing to improve their health.
- Specialised Chelation Detox Program (28 days) an extended 4 week detoxification program ideal for those with a high level of heavy metal exposure.
Contact DNA to book in for your professional Detox Program.