Personalised Health Programs Based on Science
Functional Nutrition is the practice of considering every aspect of one’s health, diet and overall lifestyle when giving nutrition recommendations. In this way, functional medicine follows a systems approach to healthcare, that takes into account how every part of the body is interrelated.
Designer Nutrition Australia (DNA) investigates and seeks to treat the underlying cause of medical conditions and disease instead of managing the symptoms. The goal is to improve the function of the body and therefore resolve, manage and/or prevent illness and disease.
The DNA Clinical Nutritionist, specialises in using genetic profiling to design your individual nutrition, lifestyle and treatment program. Your Program is manually designed (not computer generated) by the Clinical Nutritionist after analysis and interpretation of all clinical investigations.
In addition to genetic profiling, your DNA program will be based on your biochemistry, medical history, current symptoms, lifestyle and health goals.
DNA is passionate about helping individuals like you return to a path of optimal and extended health.
1. For a copy of our fees and package details visit the Getting Started page.
2. If you would like to book a preliminary 30 minute consultation with the clinical nutritionist $125 ($100 redeemable on booking DNA Package) to ascertain if DNA will be of value to you or to book a DNA Package, please Contact DNA
DNA Mission Statements
To provide simple, practical and affordable functional medicine.
To improve health and wellness of Australians by designing and supervising effective, comprehensive and individually tailored nutrition, exercise and lifestyle programs.
Specialist in individualised medicine using genetic profiling.
- Nutritional & Environmental Medicine is concerned with the interaction of nutritional and environmental factors with human biochemistry and physiology, and the resulting physiological and psychological symptoms and pathology.
- It’s evidence-based, drawing on the latest biomedical and genetic science and research, to develop new treatment approaches to illness and disease, for primary prevention, and to promote optimal health and well-being.
Nutritional deficiencies, imbalances, or the presence of environmental toxins in the body can result in cellular dysfunction, illness or disease.
Treatment is aimed at correcting underlying causes as well as providing symptomatic relief.
This may involve:
- The temporary removal of certain foods from your diet
- Prescription of supplements such as vitamins, minerals, trace elements and essential fatty acids where diet and lifestyle alone cannot rectify physiological imbalances