Integrative Functional Medicine Practitioner
BHsc (Nat. Med.) DipHsc (Nutritional Medicine) Cert III in Fitness
What is a Clinical Nutritionist?
Clinical or Functional Nutrition is nutrition-based care that is focused on building health by restoring proper physiological functioning of the body and restoring optimal nutrition. When you have multiple symptoms they are clues to the ways in which your body is not functioning the way it should be.
Integrative Functional Medicine is the integration of functional nutrition with additional healthcare models such as Chiropractic care, Osteopathy, Traditional Chinese Medicine and Western Medicine etc.
My health journey started about 25 years ago. A pharmaceutical drug resulted in an inflamed liver, severe bruising and a referral to an endocrinologist. She told me to eat green leafy vegetables for their vitamin K content to assist blood clotting. However, when the specialist could not answer my question regarding the quantity I needed to eat, she offered a vitamin K tablet.
As a result this experience ignited my passion for nutritional medicine. I used my investigative skills to determine and understand the cause of my ill health, so I could do what I needed to do to make myself well. I was not overweight but it was necessary to change my diet and lifestyle to improve my health.
I’m now grateful for that experience, because when I decided to leave my former career, it was a logical choice to pursue my other passion – functional and nutritional medicine.
I have spent over 20 years using my investigative and analytical skills to search for and understand the causes of my patients ill health. It is like putting together a jigsaw puzzle or solving a crime, the solution makes perfect sense when I have all the pieces or clues.
As I grow older and witness my family’s longevity, my focus is to assist as many people as possible to live longer, but also maintain their health and quality of life.
I specialise in the use of genetic profiling to help you achieve your health goals.
Areas of Interest
- Bachelor of Health Science (Natural Medicine)
- Diploma of Health Science (Nutritional Medicine)
- Certified Fitgenes Practitioner (Genetic Consulting)
- Certified SmartDNA Genomic Wellness Practitioner (Genetic Consulting)
- Certificate III in Fitness
- Certificate IV in Assessment and Workplace Training
Professional Associations & Experience
- Australian Traditional Medicine Society 15107
- 20+ years Clinical Nutritionist in private practice
- 27+ years in health and fitness industry
- Consultant for two major weight loss companies
- Clinic supervisor and lecturer Department of Health & Biomedical Science (Nutrition), University of Victoria
1. For a copy of our fees and package details visit the Getting Started page.
2. If you would like to book a preliminary 30 minute consultation with the clinical nutritionist $125 ($100 redeemable on booking DNA Package) to ascertain if DNA will be of value to you or to book a DNA Package, please Contact DNA