Clinical & Genetic Nutritionist
Integrative Functional Medicine Practitioner
BHsc (Nat. Med.) DipHsc (Nutritional Medicine) Cert III in Fitness
What do I do?
Functional Medicine asks “Why?” Why does this patient have this disease and/or symptom/s? There are often multiple possible reasons for “Why?” Functional medicine then addresses the causes rather than manage the disease or symptom/s. Functional medicine includes Therapeutic Lifestyle Changes, nutrition, nutritional medicine and the modification of environmental factors.
Clinical or Functional Nutrition is based on functional and conventional testing. Functional nutrition therefore focuses on addressing the causes of disease and symptom/s and restoring proper physiological functioning of the body. Your Genetic Wellness Program includes ‘corrective’ or ‘functional’ nutrition food lists.
Genetic Nutrition is nutrition-based advice based on your unique genetic profile. Genetic profiling provides a blueprint of how your body functions.
My health journey started about 28 years ago. A pharmaceutical drug resulted in an inflamed liver, severe bruising and a referral to an endocrinologist. She told me to eat green leafy vegetables for their vitamin K content to assist blood clotting. However, when the specialist could not answer my question regarding the quantity I needed to eat, she offered a vitamin K tablet.
As a result this experience ignited my passion for nutritional medicine. I used my investigative skills to determine and understand the cause of my ill health, so I could do what I needed to do to make myself well. I was not overweight but it was necessary to change my diet and lifestyle to improve my health.
I’m now grateful for that experience, because when I decided to leave my former career, it was a logical choice to pursue my other passion – functional and nutritional medicine.
I have spent over 22 years using my investigative and analytical skills to search for and understand the causes of my patients ill health. It is like putting together a jigsaw puzzle or solving a crime, the solution makes perfect sense when I have all the pieces or clues.
As I grow older and witness my family’s longevity, my focus is to assist as many people as possible to live longer, but also maintain their health and quality of life.
I specialise in the use of genetic profiling to help you achieve your health goals.
Areas of Interest
- Clinical Fat Reduction
- Gut & Bowel Health
- Exercise Prescription
- Healthy Ageing
- Genetic Profiling
- Metabolic Dysfunction
- Bachelor of Health Science (Natural Medicine)
- Diploma of Health Science (Nutritional Medicine)
- Certified Fitgenes Practitioner (Genetic Consulting)
- Certified SmartDNA Genomic Wellness Practitioner (Genetic Consulting)
- Certificate III in Fitness
- Certificate IV in Assessment and Workplace Training
Professional Associations & Experience
- Australian Traditional Medicine Society 15107
- 22+ years Clinical Nutritionist in private practice
- 12+ years Genetic Nutritionist in private practice
- 28+ years in health and fitness industry
- Consultant for two major weight loss companies
- Clinic supervisor and lecturer Department of Health & Biomedical Science (Nutrition), University of Victoria
1. For a copy of our fees and package details visit the Getting Started page.
2. If you would like to book a preliminary 30 minute consultation with the clinical & genetic nutritionist $130 ($100 redeemable on booking DNA Package) to ascertain if DNA will be of value to you or to book a DNA Package, please Contact DNA