What is Bioimpedance Analysis (BIA)?
Bioimpedance analysis uses frequencies to measure fluid in the body.
What is VLA50?
VLA50 is a device which measures impedance at 50kHz. VLA50 software then calculates body water and body composition using equations based on underwater weighing and DXA. BIA has shown a strong correlation with DXA.
Information Provided by VLA50
- Body Fat Mass (kg/%)
- Active Lean Mass (kg/%)
- Total Body Water (Hydration)
- Extracellular Water
- Intracellular Water
- Cellular Function and Health
- Biological age
BIA enables me to assess your health and ensure weight reduction is extracellular water and body fat. As a result I can assist you to achieve the optimal body composition.
What will I Recieve
A comprehensive report detailing the results.
Preparation for the test
To get the most accurate results:
- Avoid drinking excessive alcohol the night before.
- Drink plenty of water the day of the test.
- Empty your bladder before the test.
- Ideally avoid eating two hours prior to the test.
- Don’t use moisturiser on your arms or legs.
- The test requires no covering on your foot – make sure you can fully remove your shoe/sock/stocking.
Body Composition Analysis costs $100 for a 15 minute session.
This includes the BIA test, detailed report and discussion of the results with DNA Medical Nutritionist.
How do I find out more?
1. Visit the Getting Started page.
2. Provide your email address.
3. You’ll receive our clinic information and price list.
Contact Me via email to book an initial assessment.