What is Bioimpedance Analysis (BIA)?
Bioimpedance analysis uses frequencies to measure fluid in the body.
What is VLA50?
VLA50 is a device which measures impedance at 50kHz. VLA50 software then calculates body water and body composition using equations based on underwater weighing and DXA. BIA has shown a strong correlation with DXA.
Information Provided by VLA50
- Body Fat Mass (kg/%)
- Active Lean Mass (kg/%)
- Total Body Water (Hydration)
- Extracellular Water
- Intracellular Water
- Cellular Function and Health
- Biological age
BIA enables me to assess your health and ensure weight reduction is extracellular water and body fat. As a result I can assist you to achieve the optimal body composition.
What will I Recieve
A comprehensive report detailing the results.
Preparation for the test
To get the most accurate results:
- Avoid drinking excessive alcohol the night before.
- Drink plenty of water the day of the test.
- Empty your bladder before the test.
- Ideally avoid eating two hours prior to the test.
- Don’t use moisturiser on your arms or legs.
- The test requires no covering on your foot – make sure you can fully remove your shoe/sock/stocking.
Body Composition Analysis costs $100 for a 15 minute session.
This includes the BIA test, detailed report and discussion of the results with DNA Medical Nutritionist.
How do I find out more?
1. For a copy of our fees and package details visit the Getting Started page.
2. If you would like to book a preliminary 30 minute consultation with the clinical nutritionist $125 ($100 redeemable on booking DNA Package) to ascertain if DNA will be of value to you or to book a DNA Package, please Contact DNA